Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 19- Follow Friday Twitter style gone Blogging and Dealing with Limitations

I am always interested in your blogs. So when I saw another blogger I follow on Twitter do this in her blog I thought it was perfect. It is called a blog hop and it is much like Follow Friday on Twitter. If your reading this post your name on the list below so others can find you, including myself. Have fun with it. 

As for my journey, lately I have been very busy as I am sure most of you all are with the holidays upon us. I am learning new things everyday. I think the most important thing is I can do anything I set my mind to. There will be good days and bad days. Taking things one day at a time (to borrow a phrase) is the key. Health doesn't come over night. It takes work just like parenting, a business or a marriage. We have to put work into it everyday. We have to make time for it.

 We all have limitations. I can worry about my oldest kid but as she gets older I realize I don't have control over what she does. She is thirteen and I can encourage her but I can't make her decisions for her. She isn't the extension of me that she used to be. She is her own person just like my husband. Even with our own bodies as we get older or get injured we don't have the control over the situation like we would like. Yesterday, my heel spur hurt so bad I couldn't walk well. But I pushed through it and got done most of the things  I needed to get done for my family. Ok so sure, my workout didn't get done but I am ok with that. It was one day and I can't control my body as much as I would like anymore. Pain sets in and we have to take it easy. I am not taking my eyes off the prize--my health and my weight loss. I simply took a day off to rest my foot the best I could. Today, I will take some pain medication and workout. We all have to come to these realizations. We have limits, whether it is pushing another person or ourselves. It is hard and a struggle to not have control. These are the boundaries we work with though. What we can control is our attitude toward it. I think in the past I have let these limits take over my thinking and hold me back.  The worry, the self-doubt, the body image hating all have roots in control issues, limits and boundaries. Once we end our stinkin' thinkin', change our self talk about situations, things can and will start to change. It's all about our prospective. Sure we can't change others but we influence them everyday by what we do. We can't overcome all our medical issues, but we can work to change what we can. It's all in your prospective. Staying positive no matter what. Think it can't be done? lol I would have said the same a year ago but even I learned this during my homelessness. I got upset wanting to blame God, my husband, myself  for my situation. But I realized that it didn't matter who was to blame. I had to work to get myself and my family back on track. I also had to realize I could learn from it more than how not to become homeless again. I learned we can get through anything. Sometimes we need to reach out and ask for help. I did and found my coach. Who helped my stinkin thinkin and got me back on track. I started walking and doing strength exercises in the park after making phone calls to get us out of our car and into an apartment. It worked. It wasn't overnight. Nothing ever is. We just have to keep pushing forward. I now have a nice place and a business. Who'd have thought that? So keep pushing forward even if you have a set back. And if you need someone to talk to give you a push in the right direction, whether it be fitness or just life message me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment